The Sydney Informatics Hub (SIH) is a Core Research Facility of the University of Sydney. SIH provides support, training, and expertise on research data, analysis and computing for research staff, students and affiliates of the University. We deliver policies, systems, advice, engineering and training to research staff, students and affiliates of the University.
The Sydney Informatics Hub provide a wide range of services surrounding data and computation including:
- Research data management delivering support and training for data management, processes and platforms.
- Data analytics providing expertise and support in data analytics and data science.
- Research computing providing support and training for research computing infrastructure including the University’s High Performance Computing cluster and Virtual Research Desktop services.
- Statistical expertise providing statistical consulting services.
- Bioinformatics providing bioinformatics support, training, and software.
- Training delivering training courses in data capture and data management, programming in R/Matlab/Python, visualisation, research computing, GPU computing and deep learning, bioinformatics, and statistics.
- Hacky Hour a monthly meetup bringing together a community of data enthusiasts where we exchange knowledge, seek advice, and meet like-minded people. We provide mentors from SIH and departments from across the University.
See projects for examples of past and current work.
Core Research Facilities User Access Scheme
Researchers at the University of Sydney may apply for funding from a pool of $50,000 for dedicated services that can be provided by the Sydney Informatics Hub through the Core Research Facilities User Access Scheme
Acknowledgements (and co-authorship, where appropriate) are an important way for us to demonstrate the value we bring to your research. Your research outcomes are vital for ongoing funding of the Sydney Informatics Hub.
Here is a suggestion for acknowledgement:
“This research was supported by the Sydney Informatics Hub, a Core Research Facility of the University of Sydney.”