The Research Data Consulting team provides expertise, training and support on effective management of research data.
Utilising appropriate Research Data Management (RDM) processes and platforms enables researchers to preserve the integrity and continuity of their research. It also allows researchers to align their research practice with expectations outlined in University and National policy
For more information please contact:
- Data Management consultations and tailored training - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Policy Consulting and Queries - email@example.com
Research Data Platforms
The University offers a suite of different tools (eNotebook, REDCap, Dropbox, Research Data Store, Office 365, GitHub and Cloudstor) to aid with managing your research data. To learn more about which platform is the most suitable to your research processes and data requirements, please refer to the Research Data Platform Guides:
To access a research data platform, please click an icon below:
Researcher Dashboard (DashR)
The Researcher Dashboard (DashR) is a centralised location for researchers to register details about their research projects’ data practices and to request/manage associated data services.
DashR can be used to:
- Enter and maintain your Research Data Management Planning (RDMP) details
- Request data storage on the Research Data Store Classic (RDS) or Research Computing Optimised Storage (RCOS)
- Request high performance computing (HPC) services on Artemis
- Control and update user access to the above services
We currently offer three training courses open to any University of Sydney staff, students and affiliates:
We also have a series of short online lessons which provide an overview of research data management concepts at the University. While it is aimed at HDR students, it is a useful resource for anyone wanting to know more about research data management.
For details on upcoming sessions and to register, visit Sydney Informatics Hub Training.