Learning to manage your research materials and data forms a very important part of your research experience. Good research data management (RDM) empowers you, protects you from disaster, and facilitates your collaborative exchanges with peers and advisors.
As part of University Policy, researchers at the post-graduate level (research Masters and PhD candidates) are required to be listed on a Research Data Management Plan (RDMP) in the University’s Researcher Dashboard (DashR).
While you don’t need to complete your own plan if you are already listed on your supervisor’s project, you are required to understand the importance of good RDM and be aware of the various tools and resources that the University provides to assist you.
We have created a series of short online lessons to help you reflect on aspects of your RDM.
Please note these are not the same as the OLE (OLEO2627/OLET2628).
- Module 1: Research data management - why?
- Module 2: Supported research data management platforms
- Module 3: Working with sensitive data
- Module 4: Data ownership, intellectual property and documentation
These lessons are available through Canvas.
- Log into Canvas with your Unikey
- Click on Courses then, in the menu that appears, click on the “All Courses” link.
- On the All Courses screen, at the top right, click on the “Browse More Courses” button.
- On the screen that loads, enter “Research” into the search field. Click Search.
- Find Research Data Management ecommunity in the search results. Enrol by clicking on its “+ Join this Course” link.